Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Trial of Faith - MM

So I was reading the Liahona of April of 2015 and there was a talk called, " The Power of Faith," and at the very end, they had put a quote by Spencer W. Kimball and it says:
 
“Is there not wisdom in [Heavenly Father] giving us trials that we might rise above them, responsibilities that we might achieve, work to harden our muscles, sorrows to try our souls? Are we not exposed to temptations to test our strength, sickness that we might learn patience, death that we might be immortalized and glorified?
“If all the sick for whom we pray were healed, if all the righteous were protected and the wicked destroyed, the whole program of the Father would be annulled and the basic principle of the gospel, free agency, would be ended. No man would have to live by faith.”
President Spencer W. Kimball (1895–1985), Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Spencer W. Kimball (2006), 15.


And I had already pondered this before, but it hit me stronger that Heavenly Father does hear our prayers, and He is concerned for us, but He may not answer our prayers in the way we want it. We still have to go through hard times and still have to endure many trials and hardships because we have to learn how to have faith. We have to learn to be stronger than what we were yesterday.

Yes, it is hard and I have struggled many times, but I have faith that Heavenly Father is loving and I know that He loves us, that Jesus Christ also understands us and will help us to progress. Heavenly Father knows everything, so I have faith in His purpose, and I am grateful that He has put me through the refiner's fire, again, and again..... until hopefully one day, I can be what Heavenly Father intends me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment