Wednesday, March 18, 2015

O My! These is My Beloved Songs - MM

So I was listening to hymn music, and I remembered a song that I once sang in primary, the few short months that I was able to be in it, and I couldn't remember what my favorite hymn was called. A couple weeks ago, while driving, a song play in the car. I just heard the rhythm and Mormon Tabernacle Choir started to sing the primary song..... I was just so excited and I felt shivers because I loved the lyrics. I focused on the part where they sang the 3rd verse:

3. Joseph saw two glorious beings
Shining brighter than the sun.
God again presented Jesus:
"This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!"
 
I just felt this sense of peace and I just felt the Holy Ghost and it was a very confirming sense of what had truly happened. I just love the way Motab was able to produce such a beautiful tone when repeating the words of our Heavenly Father, with such reverence. I finally found my favorite song, "This is My Beloved Son" (Children's  Songbook #76).
 
Another of my most favorite hymns is "O My Father" (#292). We sang this song with a family during Christmas, and while singing it, I just felt the Holy Ghost so strongly during that song and I was tearing up! The part that just got my attention is verse 1 and part of verse 4.
 
1. O my Father, thou that dwellest
In the high and glorious place,
When shall I regain thy presence
And again behold thy face?
In thy holy habitation,
Did my spirit once reside?
In my first primeval childhood
Was I nurtured near thy side?
.....
4. When I leave this frail existence,
When I lay this mortal by,
Father, Mother, may I meet you
In your royal courts on high?
Then, at length, when I've completed
All you sent me forth to do,
With your mutual approbation
Let me come and dwell with you.
 
 
I just felt the spirit testify so strongly of what I have faith in, what had happened and what will come. The spirit that I feel when listening and even sing these beautiful tones have just captured my attention to what Heavenly Father is, which is LOVE (1 John 4: 7-9). He is love and that is what I  have come to understand through my trials and through my experiences, that God is here to make us joyful, and He shows it differently with everybody. He has helped me understand what love is and what He is through the things in which I had to go through and I am very thankful for them! Blessed is His name, for my soul sings cheerful praises unto Him! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment